Allied Health Schools in New Jersey

New Jersey is a Northeastern state that ranked eleventh in population and first in population density in the 2010 census. According to Wikipedia, it is among the most affluent of states (in 2008), ranking second in per capita gross state product, third in per capita income and first in the percentage of millionaire households. Its economy centers upon pharmaceuticals, chemicals, telecommunications, finances, food processing, tourism, shipping and publishing.

New Jersey’s affluence and high population density, together with its many fine allied health schools, make it was of the best states for students and practitioners of allied health. New Jersey is also a surprisingly attractive place to live, with over half the state being wooded.

The allied health industry refers to the many specialists who perform any of the countless health care tasks in support of doctors, nurses and dentists. Any of the fine allied health schools in New Jersey can provide all the training needed to become a licensed specialist in this rapidly growing industry.

Allied health schools prepare you to work in healthcare professions outside of the core fields of dentistry, medicine and nursing, such as biomedical science, medical transcription, pharmacy and radiologic technology. Specific specialties include medical assistant, medical biller, dental assistant, phlebotomist, epidemiologist, veterinary technician, health care administrator, massage therapist, pharmacy technician and physical therapist.

According to researchers from the University of California at San Francisco, allied health workers constitute nearly two-thirds of the total healthcare workforce. And that workforce is growing. The Altarum Institute, utilizing Bureau of Labor data, reported that during the recent recession (from December 2007 to September 2010), employment in the health care industry increased by 5.5%, while during the same period the combined employment in all other areas fell by 6.8%, a net difference of 12.3%. The American Medical News reports that, for the first three months of 2011, employers in the health care industry more than tripled their rate of hiring as compared to the first three months of the previous year.

Campus Type:
Matching School Ads
Copyright © 2017 HealthSchoolGuide.net. All Rights Reserved. No part of this web site may be reproduced or transmitted without permission in writing from the publisher. Program outcomes vary according to each institution's curriculum and job opportunities are not guaranteed. This site is for informational purposes and is not a substitute for professional help.